Tuesday 15 January 2013

The interview.


I wasn't going to mention anything incase it is bad luck but there's nothing more I can do about it now so... I had an interview for an amazing sounding internship this morning! It is an internship in Photographic Research Management with the European Centre for Photographic Research. Good title there! I applied a few weeks ago and I found out on Thursday last week that I had been shortlisted, I couldn't believe it when I opened the letter!! 

So the interview was this morning, I had to present to the panel 3 main attributes I could provide towards the role along with examples of how I have put them into practice in the past. The trouble was, the moment I opened the letter my life suddenly got extremely busy, isn't it strange how everything comes along at once? Friday onwards was spent filming (will explain more about that soon) so it was such a busy hectic weekend, plus I was ill on the Saturday which didn't make things any easier so there just wasn't any time to prepare for the interview. We finished filming late yesterday afternoon so I worked into the late hours last night to construct a presentation and rehearse it. I was knackered though so trying to get my brain to function properly was hard!! But I finished it so that's the main thing, then woke up early this morning to give it a quick once over to set my mind back on to what I needed to think about and say. Two buses, intermittent walking and a train journey later I was sitting waiting for my interview to begin. Phew!

I think it went ok... I'm pretty sure I said everything I had prepared to say and answered all the other questions that were asked as well as I could. I'd like to think they were pleased with my presentation and best of all they were very nice meaning I actually felt quite relaxed given the circumstances. 

I find out by Friday this week. Tense times ahead but I'm not going to hold my breathe I suspect there would have been a fair few applicants. Anyway it's the interview experience that counts if nothing else right? 

2 comments: