Wednesday 28 November 2012

Just keep swimming.

My body feels heavy so I think I might have over done it the past few days. My minds been in a bit of a stress with one thing and another and to fight it off I tend to make myself busy. 

I think maybe I'm a little bit addicted to swimming... If I don't get in the pool every couple/few days I start to feel really agitated. That then has it's own downside in that to feel better again I go swimming but it saps my energy resulting in over tiredness and seizures. I swam 50 lengths today and my body is screaming at me to go to sleep but it's not even half past eight in the evening. So even right now I'm fighting it, and instead of putting myself to bed I'm thinking of ways to get out and about tomorrow. If I'm not in the pool then I'm finding excuses to walk for miles to do something instead of catching a bus. Tomorrow, I need to pop over to where I volunteer and pick up some shifts. It's a 45 minute brisk walk each way, I could get the bus, but I won't, I'll walk there no matter how tired I am. 


Exercise is good and all and I do thoroughly enjoy it... In a past life I wouldn't think twice, sunny winter day, nice walk across a huge park, done. It's far to easy to forget though that even if for some people what I get up to would be nothing, for me it's really draining. My energy gets used up so fast it's hard to pace myself. I feel guilty when I have to stop and rest, I feel lazy when I spend what seems like forever lying down and reading, yet I just can't convince myself that I need time to reboot!

BUT always look on the bright side and, even though I do feel lazy and what not, it does mean I make myself sit back and read funny books like Miranda Harts' Is it just me? I LOVE LOVE LOVE her and her book. My friend bought it for me while I was in hospital and I've just got round to reading it properly. It's BRILLIANT. 

Anyway rant over, maybe I'll make some tea and carry on reading said amazingly funny book and then sleep. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment