Sunday 4 November 2012

2 years ago today.

Two years ago today I was diagnosed with Epilepsy. I remember it like it was yesterday, in fact what I remember the most is how I barely reacted at all. I had no idea what was to come because I had very little any idea of what the condition entailed and thats a fact I hate.

I posted this as my status on Facebook and had a brilliant response. I plan on sharing little facts every few days over the month. 


"2 years ago today I was diagnosed with Epilepsy. These past two years have been a hard-hitting rollercoaster of emotion, pain, enlightenment and sacrifice amongst many other things. But without it I would not have met some of the most inspiring people know, gained the knowledge I most value or learnt that a smile is one of the most important tools in helping someone heal. There is no cure. A person has Epilepsy, fact. But it does NOT have them.  People die from this condition… did you know that? I didn’t either. November is our awareness month; bit-by-bit we’re shining the light on a condition that few know much about. X" 

Sharing the huge amount of information I have learnt over the past couple of years is the plan! X 

2 comments:

  1. Well, Jade, I have been reading your blog and thinking of you all along! All the best, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely to know :)
      I've been catching up with you over the past couple of days too :) so glad things are looking up for you!!! x

      Delete